Sunday, July 22, 2007

pilot's logbook

7/22 C-152 N69011 Touch & Go's landings: 10 1.2 hours ZC

Sunday, July 22, 2007
7 pm to 8:30 pm
Assigned: read up on landings, desk fly. Flare. (familiar?)

Still stuck in the landing pattern.

Maybe with Zach two or three is all we should do. It started out really smooth with me (I didn't ask Zach to do six landings, so, there we have it again) but deteriorated from there, I guess.

Lots of commotion tonight. 4 planes in the pattern. "Who is in front?" "We're not cleared to turn." "it's ok to turn." "We'e supposed to be following." "Who is in front?" "933 go high crosswind parallel to the runway." "Turn right at midfield, enter downwind."

We won't do that again. I'll just take us to do something else. Too antsy. I was't antsy, but it put us in lots of compromises.

70 knots on base, going over the trees has to be 60-65 knots.

Explanation after:
Leveled off too high, then got too slow, not straight on the runway.

The last three touchdowns Zach was saying more right rudder just as I was using left rudder. !??! It might have been a disagreement on what is "centered."

Monday there's no way to schedule Zach and the plane. I'm signed up to try it with Tony, or if not, Jacob.

Zach says, "You're right there," holding his fingers 1/2-inch apart.

Remember to get a navigation log page from Zach next time.

No comments: