Thursday, July 19, 2007

picked up some guys....

I met a couple of guys at the Bardstown (Samuels Field) airport. They had come down to avoid a storm between them and Indianapolis. They were trying to refuel, and not having luck with the pump. Then they got it started, but knew they were stuck for a while with the storm. I took them to Kreso's for dinner, and we ate and talked and watched a "gap" in the storm that they wanted to fly through. Then I took them back to the airport. I guess they made it, because I didn't see anything on the news.

Jeremy is a pilot/ instructor. The other fellow, can't pull his name out of my head right now, was on a business trip, but he's a student pilot, and he hires an instructor to fly on these trips, so he can fly for the experience, but also turn over the actual responsbility for the trip to a pilot. INteresting.

Jeremy clued me in on a VOR site (http://vrotate.com/VOR/vor.html) that lets you experiment with VOR operation.

No comments: