Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pilot's logbook

7/4 C-152 N89933 Lou Lou Xw touch&go's landings: 13 1.6 MB

Landings. Yet. Mike reminded me that actually, flying the pattern is excellent practice for just about everything else, and I can see that it is making a difference. Today's radio work was night-and-day better. Also better: general understanding of traffic and our place in it.

Headwind today.
"If we break glide slope 3 times, we're taking the plane back in." Nice try. Actually, I just started taking us high, but it may be the way to do it.

Rudder. More R rudder on takeoff, ground roll, landing.

"THAT is why we don't do a 30º bank on final. Gentle turns, just like you're doing on climbout."

Flaps @ 10º for climb--if you're going to do it, it has to be before power on takeoff. Otherwise, it's too late.

Near the last, Mike took over for two landings. I really need to remember what they felt like. I'll try to get him to do six, tomorrow. I should have stuck to my guns on this.

Approach to airport, consider the normal pattern for the runway. Aim straight for midfield of the airport, join in to the pattern wherever your course intersects it.

Friend's funeral. Car engines & mechanic. Pictures. Flight computer.

No comments: