Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pilot's logbook

7/8 C-152 N69011 Lou Lou Touch&go's landings: 10 1.3 hr MB

Frank and I went together to Bowman Field. We had a good amount of time to kill beforehand, so we watched airplanes and I practiced radio and "desk flying" from the back steps of Air Center One.

Tonight I was landing the plane consistently right, flying well, everything. Frank was there at the airport, so I was glad he got to see it happen.

I've done well before, but then the next time it was not so good. Mike wants to see me do it again tomorrow night, and then he'll set me up to solo regularly. Actually, I flew well yesterday, when I went to Etown airport and flew with a different instructor. I was thinking it was the things that he had me doing that made the difference, but when I tried his landing techniques tonight, they were mostly a distraction. So, while I got a LOT out of the session with Ed, I think I was mostly flying right then, too. So, I've already done my two days in a row, and just need to make it three.

I still have a tendency to drop my hand (on the yoke) to the left when I pull back to flare, so Mike says it might take a deliberate attempt to hold a little bit right at that point.

Nose high landing. Wheelie down the runway.

The sun was setting, reflecting in the Ohio River. Nice.

PS. Primer Lock. PRIMER LOCK! PRIMER LOCK! PRIMER LOCK!!!!!! ALWAYS. EVEN WHEN WE DON'T PRIME THE ENGINE. CHECK THE LOCK!! CHECK THE LOCK!!!! TOUCH IT. CHECK THE LOCK!!!! LOCK IT DOWN.

No comments: