Monday, June 18, 2007

Pilot's logbook

6/18 C-152 N69011 Lou Lou XW Touch & Go's #lndgs:11 1.2 hr MB

I did a lot of flight simulator work today. Morning (before going to the dentist) and afterwards, too. I'm still doing it with joystick, which is actually going better. I didn't think it was possible, but I'm usually doing most of the pattern pretty smoothly. Today I used runway 24 at Bowman, and I had practiced the same runway most of today on the simulator. Now that I'm flying the sim better, I can see that I make some of the same mistakes on both of them: having trouble getting lined up on final, blowing through the turn on final, not losing enough altitude on the landing legs,



I took my flashcards to Dr. Derhake's office. I've got a couple in there that seem to conflict. Hmmm...

7 pm lesson with Mike. I was hoping I'd get the whole takeoff done without his having to say anything, but it didn't quite happen. Closer, though.

Cross-wind correction.
Nose-high landing attitude. Consistancy. Constant rate of descent on base & final.
Consistancy.

Airspeed for final. Too often coming in too fast.

On final: immediate correction with ailerons. Be patient on the flare.

Rats! I forgot to get the POH book. I need it for the Gleim & Jeppesen chapters.

No comments: