Thursday, June 21, 2007

Alex

Met at airport.
Beth's battery dead. AAA. Watching airplanes and helicopters. Tornados and pilot headset.

Alex looked for fossils and watered plants with Grandpa.

Supper, Free Willy & popcorn.

Morning: He helped me with Density Altitude charts and arithmetic problems, corrected my figures by adding the commas after the thousands.

Then he took the flight simulator to new highs. He can fly the c-150 pretty well, but you should see him with the F-4, the Mars planes, the Mega-planes!

Leaving, the oil light came on on my car, so I pulled over. Alex was the one who found the levers to open the hood, put up the support rod as soon as I opened it, reached in, checked the oil, pronounced it OK, then when I asked "Are you sure?" said "it's over the line, but let's check it again," wiped it clean, put it back in and checked it again.

Piano: "Hold that Tiger" is his current favorite.

Pretty sharp.

1 comment:

amy lou said...

AWWWWW!!!!!! That boy is so stinkin cute and smart I can't stand it!!!