Tuesday, May 01, 2007

pilot's logbook

Taxiing, T/O, climbs, Vx, Vy, Stalls, Spin Awareness, Recovery, Landing
1.4 hr

Felt good today. A good portion of the time I just did what I wanted/needed to do, without all the brain interference. (Actually, there's still plenty that I'm leaving out, especially traffic awareness, tower communication, etc., but as far as the plane goes, I was at least connected to it.) Another lesson tomorrow morning. That will be three days in a row, which seems to help.

I asked about the throttle, and I checked it out. When it's on the ground, if you pull it all the way back, it might lope a little and you'd want to push it in a bit. In the air, all the way back is all the way back. The propeller still turns because of wind.

Brakes. Next time there's nobody around I'm going to play with the brakes some more.
I cut in on somebody on the radio.

Takeoff. We talked thru it before hand. Get clearance, full power, rotate at 50kn, using right rudder. Climb at 67kn (Vy). At about 800 ft, turn to N. Climb to 1700 until we cross the road (Indiana side of the river) 44? Then climb to 3000 or whatever.

Mike didn't touch anything on takeoff today.
Cruise rpm = 2200.
climb at full throttle.

Stall (simulated stall on landing): Flaps down. Pull the throttle ALL the way back. Hold the nose up. Pull hard to get it to stall.

As soon as the plane bucks, go full throttle, flaps up one notch, nose down to level. Check airspeed rise (needle going down). When it is, add another notch flaps, then check again. Last notch flaps.

Spin awareness. OK.

Turn around a point. Much better today. 2500 ft, "Wingtip length." I was able to keep an eye on altitude & airspeed while doing it. AND I didn't get queasy. At all.

Landing. It's coming along.

Mike says we'll do some touch and go at Clark County. After solo, I will go out to practice area and just practice (no steep turns), and find my way back. Then he and I will go together to different airports, and then I'll go there myself. Lexington, Bowling Green.

Bought a checksheet for the C152.

1 comment:

amy lou said...

wow!! how cool :).