Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Log 5-31

Runway 6 touch & go. Today Mike did say I was flying a “pretty pattern” and it felt like it. I’m starting to know where I am and what I’m doing. It’s the sense of knowing where I am that makes the difference. I kept on top of altitude and airspeed & direction most of the time. One of the spots I used to miss was that first turn crosswind off the runway. I’d let the airspeed drop way too much without noticing.

I haven’t got that sense for the final approach and landing, yet. We keep talking about it. How high is high? How low is too low over the trees? Airspeed needs to be low coming in. Nose down for the descent, but then, don’t run us into the concrete. Level happens when????? When the airplane tries to drop itself down, (it does something different) that’s when you have to hold the nose up, but gradually (or is that when you bring it level?).

Flying again tomorrow morning.

No comments: