Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pilot's logbook

10/4 C-152 N69011 LOU LOU Level Flight, constant airspeed, climbs & descents, constant roll climbs and descents, climbing and descent by ????, unusual attitude and recovery procedures, touch & goes, IFR radio and NW(?) procedures. landings:2 1.1 hr (.8 simulated instrument) ZC

This session under the hood finished up my instrument requirements for private. I was expecting it to be hard or uncomfortable, but it really wasn't. At the end, Zach proposed an interesting game. He had a name for it, which I've forgotten. The object was to keep the plane rolling in successive 180ยบ standard-rate right and left turns, and at the same time keep yo-yo-ing from ascent to descent between 3,000 and 3,500 feet. Of course, these changes don't happen at the same time (or sometimes they do) and you definitely have to multitask. Cool.

I wanted to finish the instrument work with Zach, which worked well. I expect I'll do the rest of the cross-country and night flying with Todd. After that, it's review for check ride. I'm studying for the oral with Peter, and I'll probably do the review with Todd.

No comments: