Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pilot's logbook

9-15 Saturday night Lou-Jvy-Lou X-wind touch-and go’s, Short & soft-field procedures. landings:11 1.1 hr ZC

I can tell at the takeoff whether It’s going to be good or not, and this time was not. Not bad, but not good, sharp, precise, whatever. Definitely not solo material. What’s the key? I had it last week.

Takeoff: Ok.

To Clark County. I didn’t know the radio frequencies. I thought I’d jammed them into my head last week, but I guess not.

Zach had plenty input on all landings. Not unnecessarily, either.

Red-red only once, but near the end. "Easy on controls, like a baby’s butt." “Where are you looking?” “Look longer.” Airspeed. Airspeed. 30-degree turns. Pattern rectangle was different every time.

I didn’t use the angles & banks from Rectangular Course, and I should have, since there was wind. They weren’t in my head as well as I’d thought.

The air WAS bouncy, “030@5 gusting to 11” (strange). Zach almost caught a bird with his teeth.

I don’t know.

"Did we have fun?"

How many times have I said we have to do something different? Maybe I’ll checkout in 933 next week.

Starting the week off with Todd on Monday may tell me something.

No comments: