Thursday, November 11, 2004

selection for attorney general

President Bush,

I am very concerned about the formerly illegal activites that Mr. Gonzales has enabled and supported, basically deciding to ignore the rule of law in anti-terrorism issues. These are highly visible, and look to me to be part of the basic failure of leadership in human rights (Guantanamo Bay and AbuGraib being the tip of the iceberg). These policies flout the rule of Democracy and Law that the United States has always stood for. This is NOT the kind of person I want to see as Attorney General. How can he be Attorney General if the only thing he is known for is flouting the law?

If he were to admit that those polices I mentioned overreach themselves, and your administration was to change those policies, I could support the man, and maybe he could go on to be a great Attorney General.

I think we have to clean up our messes before we go on to create even bigger ones, and as President, you are the one who has be responsible. Otherwise you're just a patsy.

No comments: