Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Lake Tahoe, IUEC Conference (Elevator Constructors)


Still up. (some downs, only when lost.) Follow the blue blazes. Posted by Hello

This time, my goal was to stay on the trail. Most of the time it was easy, for it's marked with blue paint. There were two separate times where I spent close to an hour searching for the trail. Once, I finally found it, then traveled for a half-hour to a point where I was shocked to find a footprint, when I hadn't heard any other hikers all day. Shortly after that, I realized I'd been there before. I'd lost at least 1/2 hour of steep altitude. I went back and puzzled again at the place I lost it. After a while, I took pictures to document the 'end' of the trail. After I took the pictures, I followed one of the possibilities (yet again), and this time, it took me on up the mountain. I thought about going back and figuring out why I hadn't found it before, but decided not to. It was like a magic gate in a fantasy story. If I'd gone back, the way might have closed up again and I'd have been going around in circles to nowhere all day.

No comments: