Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pilot's logbook




1/16 C-152 N89933 LOU JVY LOU

Preflight:

Frost. Frost? OK? Not OK? Scraping off the windshield? NO, it's plastic. Brushing off with a snow brush? Seemed to work, but it was new paint on the plane. Was that not a good idea? Probably the best would be to put it in the hangar the night before. I'll have to add that to my list.

Preheating, how long does it take? I think I was waiting for the guys, and they were waiting for me, and it doesn't take that much. But, she did start right up :).

First trip with Amy. Checked out the houses in the quarry. Flew up the river a little.

Looked for the farm. Missed it, knew I'd gone too far, didn't turn back until seeing the Ohio river loops. Looked again. Decided to call it. Then looked again at a lot of ravine-type stuff, decided to make a circle over it for one last try, and found the farm. I tried to take a good look at the distances from Louisville, the hole in the hills, etc. We were at about 7,000 feet at the time. [ JVY go north past 2nd quarry. Veer left (before Memphis) and travel up that "valley" to Greenville. US60. Hang a left before the lake.]


We flew 1.8 hour. The driving distance to Boston is 1000 miles. Comparing the two, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to travel to Boston in a plane. Of course, there are mountains.

No comments: