Saturday, March 24, 2007

good morning! ALASKA!!!


I'm sitting at Amy's countertop. The snow is outside, and at 8:00 it's been light for a while.  Grey light, so I don't know if it's overcast or just the sun comes up slowly.

Last night we went walking on the Coastal Trail.  The snow is packed there, and lots of people were cross-country skiing. There are two continuous ruts for the Nordic skiers, and a wider path for walkers and skate-skiers. We passed lots of happy people and happy dogs.  It's a path thru birch and fir trees, just beyond the airport (under the flight path), following along the water, which is rushing by full of ice.  It seems so purposeful, all that ice, going somewhere.  The sun, on the other hand, doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. When we got there, it was low in the sky.  We walked a pretty good clip, then turned around and came back, but the sun seemed as if it was in the same place.  I think it moves sideways instead of down.  Eventually it did go down, and we had lots of time to watch the purples and greens come up in the water, and the reds and pinks hit the sky.

Amy made a great squash pie while we listened to piano music, and we ate it with Jane, then hit the hay. I slept really well, warm and comfy.
------------
What have I done this morning?    I had a nice breakfast in Amy's kitchen, then dropped her off at work. 
I drove around the corner and saw CompUSA, so I went in there to see if they have Macintosh stuff. They do. I bought a RAM upgrade for my computer, since I really like having lots of cool programs running all the time. At the checkout the RAM scanned at about half the price I expected, which was already a good price, so now I'm going to decide whether I can replace it myself, or if I should have them do it for $45. I'll take Amy there to shop.

I went across the street to the Salvation Army store.  Found a $5 pair of boots size 9 and a $2 pr. of long underwear and a $1.50 sipper cup.   I had  a bit of a first when I was leaving and asked someone looking at wedding dresses if she knew how to get to K. Brothers (for wireless internet).   She/he was a surprising person under all that long red hair, but nice enough. Then I had another first when I turned the corner out of the parking lot and drove in front of a really big moose picking his way around the snow heaps, deciding if he/she was going to cross the road, I think.  My only other adventure was helping some 4-year olds pull up pants and wash hands in the restroom in John Myers, or whatever.

On to the next!   I'm heading to the Coastal Trail for a long walk.



========================================================
ELIMINATE THE CONCEPT OF WASTE.
Evaluate and optimize the full life cycle of products and processes to approach the state of natural systems, in which there is no waste.

--Hannover Principle #6

No comments: