Monday, January 17, 2005

Monday.
Dianna and Cherie took a bus trip, I went to the Jesuiten Kirche to see if I could sing there. Last time I was there, the church was empty and quiet. Today, there was a tape playing (Gregorian Chant, of course). I saw a man working there, and asked him if it would be ok for me to sing, and he turned off the tape so that I could. (I don't remember what I said, my German is not good at all for conversing).

I practiced and recorded quite a few piece. When people come in, I stop practicing and simply sing. People seem to like to hear Requiem and Kyrie from familiar masses.

Wonderful. Awesome. Challenging. And, just like the silo at Bernheim, you kno it's time to go when your toes are frozen.

Recordings made on this day seem to have good diction--the sounds aren't swallowed up--but I hear too much of myself. Tomorrow I'll record from further away.

No comments: