here are a few recipes my friends and I have tried and we love. I will try and post more in here like once a week or something. The Paleo Diet Cook Book is the best, by Dr. Loren Cordain. I cook out of it everyday. Some of the ingredients to start out can be expensive, but I usually make enough to eat on it for a couple of days. let me know what you think
Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg -change from original post - did it by mistake and liked it more :)
1 tablespoon Agave
2 tablespoons chopped pecans - topping
2 tablespoon real maple syrup - topping
Coconut oil - for the pan
Mix everything up real good - sometimes that nut butter is clumpy - and make pancakes as usual (except you're gonna use the coconut oil in the pan) and add the pecans and maple syrup at the end. The recipe above makes 2 good size pancakes.
GREEN EGGS AND HAM
• 1/2 Avocado
• 3 hard-boiled eggs
• juice from a fresh lemon
• Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
• Bacon crumbles (I used Turkey Bacon just b/c I had it and needed to use it up, will make without next time)
• Cook up some bacon so it's nice and crispy. Set aside.
• Mash the avocado in the bottom of your bowl. (We love our avocado tool from
• Juice a fresh lemon over the mashed avocado.
• Sprinkle with a little sea salt & fresh ground black pepper.
• Mash it all together.
• Peel & chop your hard-boiled eggs. (I like to chop each egg in quarters.)
• Add the chopped egg to the bowl.
• Sprinkle a little more lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper atop the eggs.
• Toss broccoli and 3 tablespoons Olive Oil in large bowl to coat.
• Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Pepper.
• Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
• Roast 15 minutes.
• Stir remaining ½ tablespoon Olive Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper in a small bowl.
• Drizzle Garlic mixture over broccoli; toss to coat.
• Roast until broccoli is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes longer.
• Season to taste with Sea Salt & Pepper.
• Serve, and eat, immediately.
Spaghetti Squash Italiano
you need a spaghetti squash, 1 tbs of fresh basil and oregano, 2tbs chopped cilantro, 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (evoo) and 1 tbs flax seed oil (found in the organic vitamin section). I also add a jar of hunts tomato sauce (unsalted) so that its more like spaghetti to me. I just heat it and put it on top at the end.
Spaghetti Squash Italiano
preheat oven to 425. Cut sp. squash in half long ways, and gut. Fill large glass dish with 1 inch of water, place halves down (cut side down) and bake for 45 mintues (originally i tried this in the microwave and mine came out crunch too-in the oven it didnt) when you grab the sp. squash and the sides cave in (please use an oven mitt-no burning your bodies) then its done. You scrap it out and put it in a bowl. No in a small bowl mix basil, oregano cilantro and the oils with the tomato sauce (you can warm it if you like) stir well and then pour over squash. Sometimes when I do this, I also add turkey meat to it. Let me know how it goes. I like it because the squash is semi sweet. Just dont expect it to taste like spaghetti cause then you will be disappointed.