Sunday, April 25, 2010

Two videos for Sunday morning

I LOVE having a computer as my morning newspaper!

Here's a video that we watched, knowing Natalie has been seriously thinking about math. The video reminded me of a number of things I'd forgotten, links and such.



Then I was going to quit, but impulsively clicked on this one.




Surprise!
This video mirrors and echos Ursula LeGuin's "Always Coming Home," which I've been reading. I wish all the people who are so (justifiably) angry right now could learn to factor in the [what we don't know/the ultimate gift of the universe/UP] and just go on and create from the possibilities in front of us. If we look for destruction, we fill find it. If we focus on the ugly, bad, we will find it, and, mesmerized, create more of the same. Being willing and able to drift and choosing to look up is the gift.

No comments: