Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pilot's logbook

8-24

Started out the day at AC1. Ford Trimotor across the field had a lot of people coming in looking for it.

Lisa, Dane and Tony were all there, so I wasn't busy. After a while I pulled out my books to review. Lisa suggested why didn't I study, so I tried.

Too crazy inside.

I went out in the porch with Peter to catch up on VOR stuff. Good thing I did. First I was drawing a blank, but then I got the hang of it again. (One of those and one of the Area Weather Forecast things that I FINALLY got the hang of this morning showed up on the test.)

A little after lunchtime I decided go ahead and take the test.

Score: 92. Check!

Frank and I went to Indiana to get the car from Mr. Proctor.

Check!

Evening--more landings with Zach. It was the first time I've been up when the runway lights came on. Everything was smooth--in slow motion. Zach says you're ahead of the plane when it feels like that.

Looking long down the centerline made all the difference on the first one.

Still, not consistent though. Especially not on the final touchdown. BUT--pattern, turns, and rollouts were mostly VERY smooth and consistent (with a couple of exceptions.)

Thinking about landing, I was intending to concentrate on holding level on ground effect, but I mostly don't remember it happening.


pax, Maggie

The difference between one and more than one is all the difference in the world. Indeed, it is the world. --LeGuin

No comments: