Saturday, July 24, 2004

I spent the last two days reading. I've been looking for months for something I could get engaged in. Amy lent me her copy of I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. It's an angry book, and a peaceful, reconciling one. As I read it, I feel as if I were solving a whole lot of my relationship conflicts.

Nat's going to read it next. It has some things in it that I would never have been reading when I was her age, but that's the way everything is now. And in this book, the events, though extraordinary, don't seem to be at all forced or added. It's a very cohesive and insightful book. Do-it-yourself therapy in page-turner fiction.

-----

Last night we went bowling to kindof celebrate Amy's birthday. I can really get into that. You can be real competetive with the pins and real supporting of everyone as they play. Nice.

------

Remember when we used to watch Mr. Spock and his super computer that you could find out all kinds of information on? Well, we've got it now, but who no one ever (that I know of) predicted it would be ONE computer that was made up of all of us, that we're all part of, that belongs to the world.

That's the reason I like blogs. And homepages. Business does not control the information on the internet. If individual people share whatever they feel is important: lists--insights, plans, hopes, thoughts, art, play, relationships--the good in the world is the guiding force.

You go, Google!

No comments: