Sunday, January 24, 2010

Re: AE Application

Hello, Janice.

Today is a good day for an update, I think.

Since I completed my application, I have started training in the complex Piper Arrow at Air Center One.   I have flown 6.9 hours in this plane with an instructor.  Going to a new instructor is always interesting <grin>, but this young man is sharp and organized and focused.  He and I have completed nine hours of ground school.  We did a lot of work on aircraft systems, which has always been my weak spot, and I feel like a new person in that regard.  I will be happy to do my CFI work with him.  We are keeping it all in sight.

We plan to do some more dual flying to tighten up maneuvers, and I am planning a long trip.  We will make it as soon as we get VFR weather.   We plan a 2-hour flight out in the afternoon and start our return during the night with a few extra takeoffs and landings, which will satisfy the dual cross-country requirements and all of my aeronautical experience requirements.

After that, it's mock-oral with Eddie and we call our examiner.

The upcoming weather looks a lot like last week:


and THEN, the next round of storms comes in.

I don't see much chance of taking that long VFR trip, but if it happens, I'll let you know. Maneuvers and oral prep is my focus right now, and I actually feel like I'm in a good position to get the most out of the work I'm doing. It's intense and satisfying.

Thanks for your consideration.

Maggie



blog  http://randomlight.blogspot.com

========================================================

And what is Evil 

but Good 

tortured by its own hunger and thirst?

--Kahlil Gibran, 1883-1931


No comments: