Friday, September 29, 2006

The Vow of Nonviolence

Recognizing the violence in my own heart, yet trusting the goodness and mercy of God and the universe, I vow or solemnly affirm that I will strive to live a life of nonviolence:

*striving for peace within myself and seeking to be a peacemaker in my daily life;
* showing love, compassion and forgiveness to everyone I meet;
* accepting suffering in the struggle for peace and justice rather than inflicting it;
* persevering in nonviolence of tongue and heart;
* living conscientiously and simply so that I do not deprive others of the means to live;
* striving to treat the natural world not as a resource but as a beloved member of my family, and
* working nonviolently to abolish war and the causes of war from my own heart and from the face of the earth.

Lord, I trust in your sustaining love and believe that just as you gave me the grace and desire to offer this, so you will also bestow abundant grace to fulfill it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I about the brief should secure more info then it has.