Thursday, May 26, 2005

filibuster for life


And at least one opponent of the measure [to extend federal funding for stem-cell research], Senator Sam Brownback, Republican of Kansas, has indicated that if Dr. Frist puts the bill on the agenda, he may try to block it by filibuster.

"I have conveyed to Senate leadership that we must do everything we can procedurally to stop unethical embryonic stem cell research in the Senate, and I will work to do just that," Mr. Brownback said in a statement released Tuesday night. "We simply should not go down the road of using taxpayer dollars to kill young humans."


Well, I'll drink to that! YES!
Do you suppose Senator Brownback will filibuster anything that doesn't meet these inspiring criteria?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy!

I am out spreading the word
to all true supporters of evangelical christian school

I believe that readers of this blog
would be fascinated to read about
the great new book at

evangelical christian school